There are plenty of historical and cultural places of interest in close proximity to the hotel. In fact, Marathon is the site of the battle of Marathon in 490 BC, in which the heavily outnumbered Athenian army defeated the Persians during a historic battle.
On a more modern and commercial note, from the hotel’s beach you can take the scenic route and walk along the beach path all the way to the nearby town of Nea Makri, where you will find banks, shops, restaurants, bars, as well as an outdoor summer cinema.
- The starting point of the Marathon Run – approx. 8 km
- The Marathon Museum (Vrana) – approx. 7 km
- The Tomb of the Athenians – approx. 2 km
- The pine forest of Schinias – approx. 12 km
- The Dam and the Lake of Marathon – approx. 16 km
- The Cave of Pan – approx. 9 km
- The archaeological site of Ramnous – approx. 19 km